This church and cemetery are located along the Mohawk River. The National Register of Historic Places nomination form states the site is also known as the Reformer Protestant Dutch Church of German Flatts. According to this website, the church was built in 1753 from limestone mined from the Mohawk River and it is the oldest surviving building in Herkimer County. It is also the only remaining structure of Fort Herkimer, a Revolutionary War fort.
More information: National Register form; Some history; Church website
Location: Google Maps (43.018117, -74.954142)
The Dutch Reformed Church sits vacant in Newburgh, NY, photographed in 2013. The 1835 church was designed by Alexander Jackson Davis. It is a Greek Revival building on the National Historic Landmark.
More information about the restoration: Newburgh Dutch Reformed Church
Location: Google Maps
In October 2008, the River Church in Poughkeepsie, NY caught fire. A major portion of the oldest section of the church was destroyed by the fire.
Location: Google Map
Beautiful old buildings on the Carmelite Sisters property in Germantown, NY.
Saint Mary’s Convent is located in Peekskill, NY. Sisters were buried in the cemetery from 1872 to 2003. Below are pictures of both the cemetery and the convent.