This family cemetery is located on Cedar Avenue in Poughkeepsie a little south of the intersection with Hooker Avenue. It is in front of the Fox Hill Condo complex, between Panorama Blvd and Arnold Blvd on the west side of the road. There is an entry on the RootsWeb website that digitizes an entry in “Old Gravestones of Dutchess County, New York” by J. W. Poucher published in 1924, page 238. Below is the information from the website/publication:
CLASSIFICATION: Family ground.
LOCATION: Southeast of the city of Poughkeepsie, in an orchard near the east fence of the property of the Hudson River Driving Park Association.
CONDITION: Stones fallen and broken.
INSCRIPTIONS: 9 in number. Copied April 25, 1911, by J. W. Poucher, M. D., and Miss Helen W. Reynolds.
REMARKS: Van Der Burgh ground. Before 1800 the Van Der Burghs were large land owners in this neighborhood and on old maps the present Southeast Avenue, Poughkeepsie, was “the road to John Van Der Burgh’s”. John Van Der Burgh’s house is still standing opposite the northeast corner of the Driving Park but made over and modernized. In its first estate it was an attractive eighteenth century farm house with an excellent carved doorway and fanlight. Originally there were a good many stones in the family burial ground which, by vandalism, have been broken and scattered.
1. Burton, Abigail, w. of Stephen, d. 1850, Oct, —-, a. 82 y. 2 m.
2. Burton, Stephen, d. 1842. (Broken stone).
3. Vanderburgh, Abraham, d. 1840, Nov. 23, a. 60 y. 9 d.
4. Vanderburgh, Elizabeth Meserole, w. of Peter, d. 1842, Apr. 24, a. 93-6-7.
5. Vanderburgh, Henry, d. 1821, Nov. 9, in 82d y.
6. Vanderburgh, Maria, w. of Henry P., d. 1823, May 29, a. 28 y. 8 m.
7. Vanderburgh, Peter, d. ——–. (Broken)
8. ————, d. Dec. 15, ——-, a. 81-8-24.
(Broken stone, possibly part of Peter Vanderburgh’s).
9. ————, “March —, a. 75 y. 1 m.” (broken stone).
More information: RootsWeb entry
Location: Google Maps (41.681472, -73.903283)