The USS Blakely and USS Shubrick were Blakely class torpedo boats constructed in 1899. They served in various capacities until 1920 when they were both sold for scrap to U.S. Rail and Salvage Co. in Newburgh, N.Y. The cut off bow of one of these vessels was then used as land fill in Poughkeepsie south of the Mid-Hudson Bridge. These are photos of the boat.
Location: Bing Maps (41.690041, -73.938759)