This building was located at 5-7 East Main Street in the downtown Village of Wappingers Falls. The building had a partial collapse on November 22, 2012. The entire building was demolished the following month. These are photos after the initial collapse and also during demolition.
According to the Building Inventory Form completed in 1979, the building was built circa 1872 and its history is as follows: “Goring Hall was upstairs in this building, where various organizations met including the Red Men. It was also the Village meeting hall at one time. The downstairs housed a drug store at one time and was also the Post Office.”
More information: Building Inventory Form (USN 02744.000050)
Location: Google Maps (41.598630, -73.919394)
Fun Central closed for a few years and was left vacant during that time. As of 2016, it has reopened under a new name.
The Greenbaum & Gilhooley’s Restaurant was at 1379 Route 9 in Wappingers Falls, NY. As of 2016, the restaurant has closed (these photos were taken a few years earlier) and its future is uncertain.
Location: Google Maps
The hydroelectric plant and former bleachery complex are located south of the dam in the heart of the village of Wappingers Falls, NY.
Location of the industrial complex: Map
This car junkyard was formerly located along Old Post Road in Wappingers Falls, NY. The junkyard was removed in 2010 during redevelopment of the property into the Wappingers Falls location of Adams Fairacre Farms.
Map: Location on Google Maps