The Ole Savannah restaurant is located along the Rondout River in Kingston, NY. The building is a converted boiler shop that was part of the former Cornell Steamboat Company, where boilers were built and repaired.
Location: Google Maps (41.919677, -73.979639)
More information: History of the building
Very little remains of the Brigham Brick Yard which was located along the Hudson River shoreline in Kingston, NY. Located nearby are also the ruins of the Schultz Brick Yard (not pictured here), including a tall chimney.
More information: Brickcollecting.com
Location: Bing Maps (41.951981, -73.961922)
I believe these abandoned train cars are associated with the Catskill Mountain Railroad. Since these photos were taken, the train cars have been moved.
Location: Google Maps (41.943836, -74.045882)
The Shultz Brick Yard operated in Kingston, NY from ~1876 to 1940s. All that remains now is a chimney, a former mule barn which was repurposed and then again abandoned, and a bunch of bricks. A derelict wooden barge is located nearby, in the Hudson River.
More Information: Hudson Valley Ruins and BrickCollecting.com
Location: Bing Maps
Photographs of the former Hudson Cement Company, located in Kingston, NY. The facility operated from the 1950s to the 1980s. These white cement silos still stand on the abandoned land, which will likely be demolished for new development along this prime waterfront property.
More information: Hudson Valley Ruins website
Location: Bing Map
Information about this site can be found at this website. Some information quoted from that website:
In Ponckhockie stands a ruin at the dead end of little-traveled Yeomans Street. Its high concrete facade looks vaguely like a church, but in fact it was built about 1870 as a mule barn for the Newark Lime & Cement Manufacturing Company, Kingston’s “largest manufacturing establishment” in 1880. The barn itself demonstrated through its concrete walls the structural and decorative possibilities of the company’s product. The manufactory closed in 1905. Some 20 years after the closing, Emanuel Baptist Church prepared the ground level of the building as temporary quarters for the church. At the same time ambitious plans were announced to turn the structure into “an up to date religious and social center”. Looking at the property now, there is no indication of how the interior was revamped for the church’s use. The only clear sign of the church’s presence is a broken and weathered segment of the cornerstone inscribed with the church’s and King’s names and the church’s founding date, 1926.
Map: Location on Bing Maps
Located on Route 28 in the Town of Kingston, this site has had several uses including a tavern, a meat store, and selling doll houses. The building was constructed prior to 1925.
Link: News article
The Hutton brickyard operated near Kingston Point from 1865 until 1980. The yard includes three connected steel frame kiln sheds originally erected in 1928 at the Excelsior brickyard in Haverstraw, NY and moved to Hutton in 1940. After closing, the site was operated as a restaurant which has since closed. The Lidgerwood crane on the site is the last such brickyard relic of its type on the Hudson River. The site is in danger of being demolished for new redevelopment.
Map: Location on Bing Maps
Link: More information