Here is some history of the lighthouse, taken from their website:
The Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse began as the Mosquito Inlet Lighthouse with the purchase of ten acres of land on March 21, 1883. Construction occurred from 1884 to 1887. The tower was lit with a kerosene lamp in a first order fixed Fresnel lens. In August 1933, the tower light was electrified with a 500 watt electric lamp and the original first order fixed lens was replaced by a third-order revolving, flashing lens. In late 1953, the lighthouse was completely automated.
In 1970, the Coast Guard abandoned the old Light Station and established a new light at the Coast Guard Station on the south side of the Inlet. Vandals did much damage to the Light Station, but two years later as the result of work by concerned citizens,, the abandoned property was deeded to the Town of Ponce Inlet.
In 1972, the Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse Preservation Association was founded as a non-profit, organization to restore and operate the property as a museum. Through the efforts of the dedicated volunteers of the Preservation Association, the damage done by vandals was reversed and full restoration was begun. The Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse is now listed as an operational private aid to navigation.
More information: Lighthouse website
Location: Google Maps (29.080629, -80.928045)