The Hutton brickyard operated near Kingston Point from 1865 until 1980. The yard includes three connected steel frame kiln sheds originally erected in 1928 at the Excelsior brickyard in Haverstraw, NY and moved to Hutton in 1940. After closing, the site was operated as a restaurant which has since closed. The Lidgerwood crane on the site is the last such brickyard relic of its type on the Hudson River. The site is in danger of being demolished for new redevelopment.