Port Orange Train Depot, Port Orange, FL

According to Wikipedia, this site is the Port Orange Florida East Coast Railway Freight Depot (also known as the Central Pump & Supply Company) in Port Orange, FL. The station was originally built in 1894, and was used as a flag stop as late as 1955. In 1966, it was relocated 500 feet north of its original location. On February 5, 1998, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.

More information: Website

Location:  Google Maps (29.143917, -80.993050)

Bulow Plantation Ruins Historic State Park, Palm Coast, FL

The Bulow Plantation grew sugar cane, cotton, rice and indigo until 1836 when the Second Seminole War swept away the prosperous plantation.  Ruins of the sugar mill, a spring house, and the crumbling foundations of the plantation house remain. The mill ruins are listed on the National Register of Historic Sites.

Park website: https://www.floridastateparks.org/park/bulow-plantation

Dunlawton Sugar Mill, Port Orange, FL

The Dunlawton Sugar Mill was established in 1832, was pillaged during the Second Seminole Indian War, restarted again in 1847, and then soon failed again.  The Mill was left in ruins.  From 1948 to 1952, the land was operated as Bongoland, which included a baboon (the namesake of the park), a replica Seminole village, a miniature train that took visitors around the park, and “prehistoric monsters” (dinosaurs) of concrete.  The land is now operated as a botanical gardens, and includes the Mill ruins and the remaining concrete dinosaurs.

Information about Bongoland:  http://www.abandonedfl.com/bongoland/

Botanical Gardens website: http://www.dunlawtonsugarmillgardens.org/index.html

Location:  Google Maps